Monday 14 February 2011

Memoirs of a trip in Japan

As I always like to have the final word, I thought I would add my comments here on Japan to wrap it up. We have had a really good 11 days here, met some fantastic people and seen some wonderful and bizarre things. Not only have we conquered the underground, trekked up a mountain and immersed ourselves into dark caves, but we have made memories that will last a lifetime....the experience of heated toilet seats stand out as the most prominent for me!!

Despite that, and although Japan was a great country to have as our first stop, it has failed to 'wow' me. I'm not sure why...maybe reflecting on it during the flight tonight will help me to realise what it is about the place that really failed to impress me. The people are so lovely and helpful, the public transport is impressive and the temples are great...but there is something missing.

So, I would give Japan 7 out of 10.

Best bits - wonderful people, heated toilet seats, transport, the green tea experience in Tokyo, the Nara deer.

Worst bits - the food, lack of beautiful landscape, crowds, noisy Australians in hostels (doesn't bode well for the next leg of the trip!)

I hope that gives you some idea of my thoughts and feelings regarding Japan: great time, good memories, awful food, no 'wow' factor. In a nutshell.

We are going down under now...hope to update you soon.

Lots of valentines love,
H xx

4 comments:

  1. Have a good flight Hana. For those of us who will probably never visit these
    places it is a wonderful insight into how you are seeing them also the cultures, food & landscape must be mind blowing. Back in England we are all thinking of you. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear of all the wonderful places you go to - it really brings it to life. Be safe and have fun. Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love hearing your stories and your honesty! Have fun in Perth, love sazzle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has really made me laugh Han!! I feel like you need to put all these memoirs into a travel guide. I hope you're not finding it too hard being vegi, they need to sort it out! Youre going to be the Simon Cowel equivalent of critiquing adventures, straight to the point. I'm enjoying every word. Missing you loads Anna xx

    ReplyDelete